Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Running!

I am so happy that spring is here.  It makes getting my butt out of bed to hit the running trail much easier.  I'm trying to get back to where I was 2 years ago.  That's when I was doing 5k's just about every weekend and actually winning medals in some of them.

Yesterday, I timed myself and I was able to do about 4 miles in 44 minutes.  I know that's not great, but it's so much better than where I had been...which was just barely running a mile.  I'm hoping to get my time down a lot in the next few weeks.  I ran the 4 mile "Zoom through the Zoo" 2 years ago in 34 minutes, so I know it's possible!  

Tomorrow, which is Wednesday, is actually my Monday and I'm just so not in the mood to go back to work.  The weekends go by so fast and it just stinks that I don't have weekends off with Michael.  Maybe one day!

I'm attaching a picture from last year, just because it makes me laugh.  Michael and I had just started dating and our friend Janice came with us on a fishing trip.  Everything was going fine until the boat's motor broke and Michael got out to pull us back to the dock, which was only about 30 feet away.  We were near another dock, but it wasn't the dock where our car was parked, so Mike told me to push us off that dock to get us moving.  Wouldn't you know, I push off, don't have good control of my body and end up FULLY clothed in the FREEZING cold lake.  Michael is so mad about the boat not working that this just adds to his frustration.  Good thing Janice was there.  She just couldn't stop laughing, but I was glad...at least me falling in was good for entertainment!


-Corrie

No comments:

Post a Comment