Thursday, March 26, 2009

I wish I was in Memphis really bad right now!

Why am I ready to be back home?  Well, of course, I miss my family and friends.  What really hurts is that my Memphis Tigers just lost in the Sweet 16 and now I am forced to go into work tomorrow and find absolutely no one to sympathize with.  It would have helped the sting of the loss if I at least had someone who was as sad as I was.  Oh well...time to move on...there's always next year!

Before I move on...I do need to complain about CBS or KSLA, whoever is responsible.  I texted Michael early in the day and told him I thought we should go to this bar that's nearby and watch the game - this bar has the world's best buffalo wings by the way.  Michael says he's cool with that.  We go,  I'm excited...next thing you know, 3 minutes into the game, we're watching the Duke/Villanova game.  I get mad, but figure we'll eat our wings and then go back to my apartment and watch the game on the computer - but at least while we're eating, I can still keep up with the score.  HA!  KSLA puts up a weather ticker OVER the score.  So irritating.  We came back home at the half and I was able to watch Memphis lose.  Anyway, who here cares anything about Duke?

Still working on my running.  My mile time is about 8:45, which isn't horrible, but could be a lot better.  

And, oh yes, I turn 25 on Sunday.  Is it wrong that I still get really excited about my birthday?  I know I'm not ten anymore, but gosh, it's fun to have a day where you can do anything you want guilt free.  I'm not exactly sure what Michael and I will be doing, all I  know is that there better be a brownie alamode involved.  

Anyway, it's bed time.  Sweet dreams.

I'll be wearing my Memphis flip-flops tomorrow!

-Corrie

No comments:

Post a Comment