Sunday, December 28, 2008

Do I see myself as a "victim?"

I have a sweet boyfriend but like most couples...we have our share of fights.  We live an hour an a half away from each other...so there are a lot of difficult moments.

Usually it's because I get upset because he goes hunting instead of coming over to see me.

To be fair, I work a strange schedule so on Saturday morning I go into work at midnight, get off around 8 or so and usually go home and sleep all day.   Same goes for Sundays.  So if Michael was to come over, it would be likely that he would be sitting next to me why I sleep all day.  

Still, I get so upset when he doesn't come, because come Monday, I will drive to be there with him even though he'll be at work all day.  

I feel like if he doesn't come visit, he's choosing something over me.  It's either because he wants to go out with friends in his home town or he's getting up early to go hunting.  He says this isn't so and he says he would not have a problem with me not coming to see him one Monday if I was to develop some sort of hobby that kept me in my town.

He says when I say things like he's picking something over me, I'm making myself out to be a victim.  I think I'm just airing my concerns.

I know he loves me and I love him but I want someone who wants to spend time with me.  Especially when there are some days when we can't see each other at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment